• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Will Q Acoustics 2070 be compatible?

vyleside

Standard Member
Hi I'm looking to get a Q acoustics 2070 because I can get one for a very good price. I don't know if it'll be compatible with my amp, though. I've got a pioneer VSX 321 which I love (i know it's not the best but it does the job right now) and it currently uses a passive sub. The 2070 is active, so I guess it won't connect up the normal way. What confuses me is it has a lot of connections on the back, including two "high level" stereo cable inputs, as well as a number of phono connections. I don't have enough stereo outputs for the sub to connect that way, so I'm a little confused. Here is a link to the sub's manual: http://www.qacoustics.co.uk/themes/qacoustics_new/pdf/2000i_Manual.pdf And here is a pic of the back of my amp:
0Bv2OJs.jpg
Excuse the flash... Anyway, I see I have pre-amp phono outputs. Would this be what i'd use for the sub, seeing as it's active and amplifies itself? I really want to boost my bass, but I don't want to shell out on something that may not be compatible, so any advice would be greatly received :D.

SBanga

The Q Acoustics 2070 will accept high level inputs from the pre-amp phono section of your amp. However, the speaker outputs won't be outputting any LFE unless you set all your speakers to full range.

vyleside

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply.

If I were to stick a phono end onto the end of my subwoofer cable (for my stock sub), and put that into the mono port on the back of the 2070, would that work?

sorry if these are stupid questions, but Im kinda new to cinema separates and I dont want to damage this sub if its incompatible.

SBanga

Nope, that wouldn't work unfortunately.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom