Will Powerstrip cure my Sharp LC-26GA4E issue?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by onefivenine, Apr 15, 2005.

1. onefivenine

onefivenine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +616
    I'm not sure if I've got a fault with my new Sharp LC-26GA4E - or if perhaps it's Powerstrip I need...

There are about 6 or 7 vertical bands about 3/4 inch thick at roughly equal intervals across the screen in which the pixels are flickering. It is most obvious when viewing text / Web pages. For example, in these bands, the letter 'l' occupies two vertical columns of flickering pixels and looks a murky grey. Are these dead pixels?

In the OK areas the letter 'l' appears as a single solid line of black pixels not flickering at all.

I'm using a VGA to DVI connection from a Sapphire Radeon 9600XT ultimate with the resolution set to 1360x768.

Could these symptoms be due to the LCD's native screen resolution being 1366x768? If so do I need Powerstrip or something to correct this?

Any ideas?

2. xuk888

xuk888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try "Menu"->"setup"->"Fine Sync" and adjust Phase. Hope this will help.

3. onefivenine

onefivenine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +616
    That's done the trick, thanks xuk888!!!