• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

will playing a checkerboard pattern on a non compatible tv cause damage

Sunshinewelly

Distinguished Member
one question i have and i assume the answer is no - will playing a non supported 3d input damage the samsung set.

the reason i ask is that i was playing avatar on my ps3 last night (wow its breathtaking in 3D - best example of 3D that i have seen yet especially when you get to the forest world outside - imagine crysis but much better)

anyway the game has a number of 3d options including checkerboard - by mistake i clicked on this this and it sort of worked - however it left a weird bright pattern on the bottom of my set which alarmed me.

as soon as i picked side by side then everything was normal (ie pattern disappeared)- the question i have is whether picking a different 3d format could damage the tv.

I assume not but when you spent over £2000 on a set its nice to have some reassurance.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom