Will Pioneer Release A 42 Inch Full HD 1080p Kuro?

gtiboy

Does anyone know if Pioneer will launch a 42 inch Full HD 1080p version of the Kuro? Theres alot of talk regarding a 50 & 60 inch versions of these.

Black Adder

No. See Pioneer UK Kuro site.

gavinhunt`

I'd love a 42 version as the 50 is too big for me at present. However Pio believe that only thre bigger sized panels warrant a full HD.

CHFels

Don't know about gavinhunt, but here's MY reason for wanting full-HD on a 42" panel: playing PS3 from 5' away from the screen, the additional rez is noticeable and welcome.

Don't get me wrong, I also value other aspects of PQ - even more highly. But it's just not right to imply that there cannot be any reason for the existence of full-HD at 42". :smashin:

CHFels

P

Pioneer Man

Full HD on a screen less than 50 inches is a waste of time, just get fewer but better qualty pixels with a 768 line screen.

Bumtious

Banned
Don't know about gavinhunt, but here's MY reason for wanting full-HD on a 42" panel: playing PS3 from 5' away from the screen, the additional rez is noticeable and welcome.

Don't get me wrong, I also value other aspects of PQ - even more highly. But it's just not right to imply that there cannot be any reason for the existence of full-HD at 42". :smashin:

CHFels

It is only 1080p when the image is still as soon as there is any movement resolution just falls off, again another 1080p misconception.

P

Pioneer Man

Due to LCD lag the effective resolution of a moving image on an LCD may be 1/4 of the signal resolution, a 1080 line signal may end up looking like a 260 line signal, this is why you will normally see slowly moving video demonstrated in shops.

If you want a good test try the end of the Matrix where there fighting in the rain, looks very poor on all LCDs

A plasma is best for gameing, even if it has 768 lines.

gtiboy

My reason for wanting to buy a 42 pioneer full HD screen is that I wouldn't want to invest money in the PDP-428XD then only monthes later they release a a full HD one. want to get most for the money.

but with not having much experience on this, if people here say u cant really notice the difference between the two then maybe its ok to go ahead and buy this screen without worrying there could be an upgrade in a few months time.

Bumtious

Banned
My reason for wanting to buy a 42 pioneer full HD screen is that I wouldn't want to invest money in the PDP-428XD then only monthes later they release a a full HD one. want to get most for the money.

but with not having much experience on this, if people here say u cant really notice the difference between the two then maybe its ok to go ahead and buy this screen without worrying there could be an upgrade in a few months time.

While nothing is guarenteed, I would be surprised if they launched a 42".

They certainly have no plans, you would need to sit rediculously close to benefit.

CHFels

It is only 1080p when the image is still as soon as there is any movement resolution just falls off, again another 1080p misconception.

Does the resolution fall off faster for a 1920x1080 set than it does for a 1024x768 set? (Plasmas, of course - set LCDs aside).

CHFels

Bengbeng

What is your reason for wanting a 1080p set at 42"

Gaming? Watching Blu-ray up close (people with very small rooms)?

On the other side, people who can afford a Pioneer nowadays normally don't live in small rooms, hence they don't make "small" sizes. :D

Bumtious

Banned
Does the resolution fall off faster for a 1920x1080 set than it does for a 1024x768 set? (Plasmas, of course - set LCDs aside).

CHFels

Basically yes, as the resolution lowers the fall off is more gradual.

But the main thing is size of image, even 50" is debatably not a large enough screen to really benefit from 1080p.

Its when you start going 60" and above that it really becomes neccessary.

The 1080p thing stems from LCD manufacturers because it is easier to produce 1080p panels at smaller sizes, so using basic marketing spin that the higher pixel count is better because it is the ONLY thing that lcd's really have any edge on.

From another angle with an sd image you have to add massive amounts of guess work in to add the missing info to fill a 1080p screen, thats why most 1080p sets look rank with sd.

To sum up its hard to see a difference between 1080p and 1080i and a normal viewing distance, its easy to see the difference with sd on a 1080p vs a 720p set at normal viewing distances.

Bumtious

Banned
Gaming? Watching Blu-ray up close (people with very small rooms)?

On the other side, people who can afford a Pioneer nowadays normally don't live in small rooms, hence they don't make "small" sizes. :D

Nice and usefull contribution as usual:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom