Quantcast

Will paper mario (ntsc) work with freeloader ver 1.08B?

G

geoff14

Could someone please help me ive just received Papermario 1000 year door ntsc version and am trying to play it with freeloader ver 1.06B. I am aware that some games wont load with freeloader ver 1.06B i was wondering if anyone knows if this is one of them?

I have several other ntsc games all working fine on freeloader and have also tried freeloader/papermario in another gamecube i own with no success.

If freeloader wasnt working would it load anything at all as i do get past the nintendo logo and on to the bit where it shows you a book with a star on at the front before i get the message - Cannot read game disk please consult gamecube manual!

The disk seems to be quite noisy when spinning and stops just prior to getting the message on screen, if i remove disk then put another in it prompts me to re-insert paper mario and then the game plays a few more seconds(new material) before giving me the on screen message.

Any help would be great as i cant decide whether the disk is faulty or its a compatabilty issue, and have a limited time within which to return the game.

Cheers Geoff:)

StoobieUK

Novice Member
Is it the Wii version of freeloader - i.e. the one that will allow you to play import gamecube games on the Wii. It should say on the freeloader box if it is.

If it is the Wii version I can confirm that it works fine with NTSC Paper Mario.

Stu

t-force

I've got 1.06b, and I've never had a game fail to load with it - including Paper Mario. Unless you've got a more recent Cube and Ninty somehow managed to get around Freeloader (which is unlikely, as it still works with Wii), it sounds like a faulty game.

Top Bottom