Will Panasonic do a 37" version of the new 700 series?

Mikef

Standard Member
As per the title really....I nearly went for a 37" 600...more for the enhanced sound features than anything else....and wondered if they would do an equivalent in the new 7 series?

And is it just me, or are the new 7 series cheaper than the 60/600 series?

cheers

mikef

pjskel

Yes, 7 series are cheaper than the 6 series when launched - nature of the beast thankfully.
Nothing showing on the other European sites (Belgium being the best) - so I'm guessing they figure the number of 37's sold doesn't warrant two levels of.
So, if you're buying a 37" (typically on price grounds), then there's only one version. I imagine a number are bought as a second TV rather than the primary one, so the extra features are not needed or available for the price point Panasonic are aiming it at.

Mikef

Standard Member
Thanks pjskel. The 37" is just right for me living room, 40" seems a bit too big to me for sitting around 3m away or so. I'll have a ponder....

cheers

mikef

PjotrrrNL

Novice Member
Well, I'm sitting at 2.60-3.00 meter from my 42PV70 and it's great, SDTV is also looking good...
And after a few days of watching that screen ain't so big anymore...

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I've not heard of a 700 series for the 37" either. However, at 3 metres away I would have thought that the 42" should be fine. I sit around 10 feet away from my 37" screen and definitely feel that an upgrade to a 42" screen would not be over bearing.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom