will Panasonic DMRE500HEBS and the pioneer 920 have flexable record

Not having seen a Pioneer 920 yet it is impossible to say!

There is a review of the E500 in the current (November) What Video & Widescreen Entertainment magazine. It is given a 'Product Of The Month' award and an overall score of 5/5.

Both DO have Flexible Record (orn equivalent in the Pioneer's case). Personally though, at £1000 each, I think these are in danger of being rapidly surpassed by the incoming wave of DVB equipped recorders.

get1a2get1a2 said:
which will be the better model thanks guys

Personally I think £1,300 rrp is far too much for the Pan 500. What video & tv thought the same suggesting that it was only worth the extra £700/500 over the pan 85/95 if you really needed 400GB, or some of the other more minor features that are exclusive to the 500. MPEG4 recordings for use with sd cards is novel, but how many people will actually use the feature. Especially when a 512MB SD card only holding 44 mins of sp 30 fps quality. Surely a portable dvd player would be a better investment. Personally I find the 85's 80 GB easily sufficiemt, as anything I want to keep can be copied onto dvd-r discs at 30p a time, or deleted once watched. :)

thanks rasczak its just i have a panasonic dmre100 and was thinking of putting it on ebay and putting it towards the newer models but like you said it would be better waiting for a DVB equipped recorders. and then selling my pansonic dmre100 what are you thoughts and thanks for your quick reply

I don't know the new Pioneer but E500 plays mp3 only from a CD and shows photos only from SD card, HDD or DVD-RAM. The network connectivity is limited as well. 400 GB could be more useful.

I don't think the 500 even has hdmi/dvi outs. I cant' see the point of upgrading to the 500 from a Pan 100. If you're looking for better dvd playback, you'd be better of buying a good quality, (non rec), dvd player. I can't see that the 500 offers sufficent benefits over the 100 for the money. What happens next year when they have a better model with dvb, hdmi etc....?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom