Will old wall mount fit new TV?

ETtrailrunner

Novice Member
Hi;
My brother (who does not live with me) just bought a new 50 inch TV.
He already has a 50 inch TV mounted on the wall, using a moveable mount.

The new TV is: LG 50UN7000PUC. I Googled and it looks like this TV has VESA mount 200mm x 200mm

The old TV is Samsung PN51E6500. It is mounted using 4 screws, but I don't know the dimensions.

What are the chances that the new TV can use the same mount the old one did - assuming that I may need to change the screws and/or spacers.
I would probably need to purchase a screw & spacer kit for the new tv?

Thanks for your help
ET

Rodders53

Distinguished Member

According to that manual on the web it's 400 x 400 using M8 screws... length not specified, but were originally in the holes of the TV. Plus spacers if a non-Samsung mount.

So it all depends on the wall mount and what adjustments / alternative hole positions it has.
Check out LG's manual for the screw size and length permitted?

ETtrailrunner

Novice Member
The install info supplied by LG on the website you linked to is non-existent. It only states that the TV can be wall mounted, but I didn't see a word about mounting dimensions, screw size, or spacers.
I guess I'll just have to see what happens when I open the package. I can easily measure the mounting against the old TV. As for screw size, maybe it would be a good idea to order the 'screw & spacer' kit from Amazon.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
YOU stated it's 200x200 also on the web page under Spec:
  • VESA Mounting (W x H)
  • 200 x 200
That's incompatible to the Samsung 400x400.

I can't help it LG USA website is a pile of :censored: Have you asked on their Community forum? Or the retailer's helplines?

The wall mount data sheet is what you NEED to find first as it may need a new one in the worst case scenario? Or an adapter plate?

Screws and spacers and bolts - if needed - are simple enough to be found in many a 'man drawer'. A fairly large selection came with the wall mount I fitted a few years back.

ETtrailrunner

Novice Member
I always keep the (extra) hardware supplied with products like that, but I don't know whether my brother does. He's not as well organized as I am.
I haven't checked the LG community forum yet, but I will; thanks for the suggestion.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom