Will new seperates make a big difference?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dsbaker, Aug 16, 2005.

1. dsbaker

dsbaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure whether this is the right place to post this, but here goes. I have a shiny new Panasonic plasma and Denon 2910 DVD but need some advice regarding audio. At the minute I am feeding everything through a Pioneer NS-DV99 (all in one) system which provides great audio but seems partially redundant now due to the Denon.

Would I see a noticeable, real-world difference from seperates? I am considering everything from £150 Yamaha amps (Richer Sounds) through to £350 Pioneers. I don't really want to spend more than £500-600 on the amp and speakers and have looked at a Denon solution at Superfi which meets this budget.

I guess my big question is - at this price point is it worth it or should I stick to sound through the Pioneer? Thanks in advance for any responses.

2. Ambient Fish

Ambient Fish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    DS, I think that you know the answer already, with your TV/DVD combination you would be able to spend £2000.00 on an Amp/Speaker package and still not get the very best out of it as you have the makings of a fine system there.

There are general rules on how much of your budget to spend on the various components in your system but rules are made to be broken. I suggest that you visit your local dealer, explain your budget and requirements and see what he comes up with.

3. dsbaker

dsbaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ambient, had a feeling someone might say that! I'm going to have a look round tomorrow, see what's available, do some research.