Will my US Hardrive work with UK Core 360?

smokeybacon

Standard Member
My US 360 has 3 red lights and despite it being replaced last time by MS.They are now saying that i have to speak US customer Service.I did this and they told me to go back to UK CS.I went through this last time and spent the best part of 10 weeks getting it resolved.Not again.
So my question is-
Will my US hardrive(which came as part of the premium pack) work with the UK core system.Also how will it affect my Xbox live account which is still active.I am based in London.
Hope you can help

Will my US hardrive(which came as part of the premium pack) work with the UK core system

Yes. I bought a US 120GB hard drive and it works perfectly fine in my UK PAL Core. They are region free, it won't affect your Live account or any profiles. Heck, you could even use the same HDD on a Japanese, USA and UK system.

smokeybacon

Standard Member
Thanks ZebraheadDude, I am not doubting you but are you sure.As i said in eralier post my current US 360 has died (rings of death),so rather than waste my time in dealing with Customer services was gonna buy a UK core and just add the US 20g Hardrive on to the UK machine and all my info(ie games saves xbox live) will work ok?

Thanks ZebraheadDude, I am not doubting you but are you sure.As i said in eralier post my current US 360 has died (rings of death),so rather than waste my time in dealing with Customer services was gonna buy a UK core and just add the US 20g Hardrive on to the UK machine and all my info(ie games saves xbox live) will work ok?

Like I said, they are region free, and my US HDD works fine on my UK PAL Core, but I can see why you'd be concerned. It may be easier to send your 360 to a repair center (not Microsoft), there are loads on eBay and other places, cost between £40-£60.

smokeybacon

Standard Member
thanks again.I had thought about getting it repaired but to be honest of the dozen or so US games i have only 3 or 4 are region locked and i will put them upon ebay.I know somebody who hopefully can get me a new UK core system (with warranty)for around £130.At least i will have the 3 year extended warranty if i get the 3 red lights and will not have to endure the hassle i have had.
Nearly 10 weeks of bulls**t in getting my Us 360 replaced only for it to die again in less than 8 mths.I only ever use it a couple of hours a week anyway.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
It will work just fine. A lot of people imported US hard drives when the console first launched here as a lot of people could only get cores. The hard drives are universal and will work with any console from any region.

nathanb

Standard Member
I was going to ask the same question about the HDD. Does it come with a transfer cable to transfer all my data from the 20Gb UK HDD?

Or is it lost forever?

Moogle

Distinguished Member
I was going to ask the same question about the HDD. Does it come with a transfer cable to transfer all my data from the 20Gb UK HDD?

Or is it lost forever?

Which hard drive are you referring to ? If you mean the one that comes with the Elite then no. You have to order the transfer kit from MS although it is free. If you buy the stand alone 120GB HD from the US it does come with the transfer kit but the disc won't work with UK consoles. If you buy a UK 120GB HD it should come with the transfer kit.

So if I buy a US 120 Gb HDD for my UK premium can I source a transfer cable?

It will come with one but it won't have the UK software, which defeats the object. I used the "PC - XPort" method to copy my UK stuff to the US HDD.

The latest video from AVForums

Bowers PI7 wireless in-ear headphones review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom