Will my PSU power there components?

namuk

Distinguished Member
A good 650w will be minimum, but safe i would look at a 850w or above especially if your overclocking.

i would not put the one you posted in the system, even with the 5770 imop.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
A good 650w will be minimum, but safe i would look at a 850w or above especially if your overclocking.

i would not put the one you posted in the system, even with the 5770 imop.
For just a 920 and a 5770? You don't need anything near that high, even if you upgrade to the GTX 480 you'd be silly to go for 850W unless you wanted the option of adding a second.

What are the specs of your PSU, specifically the +12v rails?

Last edited:

namuk

Distinguished Member
Cheers, saved me working it all out. i didnt think it would but just needed a confirmation.:smashin:
yea no point saving a couple of quid on a Psu or even getting one to suit the Current system as you can add/upgrade down the line.

For just a 920 and a 5770? You don't need anything near that high even if you upgrade to the GTX 480 you'd be silly to go for 850W unless you wanted the option of adding a second.

What are the specs of your PSU, specifically the +12v rails?
Corsair 850HX:smashin:

Berties

Banned
I thought the same too, buy for the future. That doesn't work for computers. My quality PSU doesn't provide enough current on the 12v line, and it didn't come with PCI-E 8 pin connector.

namuk

Distinguished Member
My last was an Enermax DXX 1000w,and had 8-pin before i used it, this lasted 3 builds until it Developed a fault going i7, after swapping for a few replacement DXX's i got a new Retail box 850HX as a Warranty replacement ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom