1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will my panny PW7 plasma support HDTV on the XBOX 360 ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jamieuk23, Jul 22, 2005.

1. jamieuk23

jamieuk23
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I have done some searching and reading around these forums as the topic of HDTV seems to be very confusing.

to get straight to the point. I have a PW7 42" plasma will this work well with the XBOX 360 regards to best picture Quality, HDTV resolutions etc ??

I am just a little confused if sky TV HDTV and console HDTV are the same thing ?

thanks for your help

2. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +652
    Microsoft have confirmed the current Advanced AV will work with HD content on the Xbox360 so you'll be able to access it through component,they have also confirmed that a VGA cable will also be released allowing access to HD,both these connections are available on the PW7, VGA is built in,Componet through an add-on board.

As far as resolutions are concerned, the PW7 will display Xbox360's 720p/1080i HD outputs but the picture will be scaled down to match the resolution of your screen, whether it will look significantly worse than a HD Ready plasma is unknown until the Xbox360 is released.

3. bluevortex

bluevortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    is it true that the Pw7 can show true HD by using a scaler?
    If so, what scaler would any of you suggest and what sort of price?