Will my Panasonic sub work with new Denon receiver?

Bcapp

Novice Member
Hello, new here and attempting my first home theater setup. Here's what I have. I was given a Panasonic SA-HT700 5.1 system. I purchased a Denon AVRS510BT A/V receiver yesterday and it will be here tomorrow. My question is, will the Panasonic sub work with this receiver? I'm asking because there some type of special cord that connected it to the Panasonic receiver. That connection does not seem to be on the new Denon.
Any help would be great.

paulst10

Distinguished Member
Hello, new here and attempting my first home theater setup. Here's what I have. I was given a Panasonic SA-HT700 5.1 system. I purchased a Denon AVRS510BT A/V receiver yesterday and it will be here tomorrow. My question is, will the Panasonic sub work with this receiver? I'm asking because there some type of special cord that connected it to the Panasonic receiver. That connection does not seem to be on the new Denon.
Any help would be great.
Looking at the manual it is a proprietary system cable connection, you really need an active subwoofer with a low level connection which is just a single RCA - RCA cable connection.
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/SCHT900.PDF

Bcapp

Novice Member
Thanks paulst10, I see now how the regular subwoofers work now. I ordered one and it should be here tomorrow.

paulst10

Distinguished Member
Thanks paulst10, I see now how the regular subwoofers work now. I ordered one and it should be here tomorrow.
Which sub did you order?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom