will kef iq10s fit.

big rd

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all can any one tell me if my idea is a good one.i have the 2005.3 speakers and onkyo 606 amp.for films there great music not so good.today i went and had a listen to some bookshelf speakers to replace my b and w 602 s3s.the three i tried are the dali lektor ones, b and w 686 and the kef iq10s.of the three i liked the kefs best and i am wondering if the iq10s would fit in to the 2005.3 set up as front speakers moving the kef pod fronts to back surrounds.if people thinks it a good idea would it also be possible to have the iq10s wired up to the onkyo for films and a hifi amp for music via some kind of switch.cheers for all help...

Yes the IQ10 will integrate well into your current system & yes use the pods for the rears. You can connect the speakers to both the AV & Hi-Fi which does require a switch, perhaps someone else will be able to advise whats available :)

I take it the same would apply for a 3005 system? i.e. using the iQ10s as L&R and using the rest of the 3005 package to make it up to 6.1 (yes I know that I will have a spare speaker but 6.1 will probably work best in my room).

Yes, I started with a 3005 & have upgraded one by one to; Iq5's fronts, IQ6 Centre & lastly Iq8 Dipoles for surrounds. The 3005's integrate very well with the other speakers as they all use Uni-Q drivers.:)

thanks for all your replys. i am going to get the iq10s on the weekend :thumbsup:

going for the speakers in the morning but i am going to give the iQ30s a listen as well.will these still be ok with the kef eggs as i see the driver is bigger again than the iQ10s.does anybody own or has anybody listened to the iQ30s or the 10s.cheers all ...

I was running Kef 2005.2 Eggs as rears coupled with my Ref 3.2's and XQ2C for a couple of years until the upgrade bug hit again and i moved from 7.1 to 6.1 and eventually 5.1 with the 34DS Surrounds.

I'm sure it'll sound fine with the IQ30's although be warned you will soon be wanting a better Center and maybe amp to release the full potential of your speakers :D

Let me know how you get on, I am looking for a very similar setup with eggs and iq10/30's!

I'd be very tempted to listen to both the iq10's and the iq30's. But the 30's had a much better bass response when i tried out both and overall they were the nicer speaker.

With that in mind, the changes since the last set (iq3's) are fairly minor and they sound very similar indeed.

If walnut colour is okay by you I'd be tempted to look at ordering a pair of the iq3's from here for cheaper than your iq10's.

well ive got the iQ30s and i have to say i think they are a great speaker.when i first heard the iQ10s i was compairing with the B&W 685s and the 686s to replace my 602s3s.i also tried the dali lektor 1s . to me the iQ10s sounded much better and the 30s sound much better than the 10s.i had a go with the kef eggs in 5.1 and it sounded a bit out of kilter then i rememberd i hadnt redone the auto setup.i shall do it monday evening.in stereo they sound great ive tried some classical some rock and roll and the stranglers the sound to me just blows my old speakers apart i even took them round to my dads to do a side by side compparison and as good as my dear old 602s are the kefs left them in the dust and thats out of the box. a bit or running in they should sound even better.saturday was a very good day for me i got the speakers for £260 and a marantz pm 6002 and cd 6002 for £170.for £430 i think i have got a fine setup:)i will add more when ive had a bit more time with the speakers.ps if your looking for stand mount speakers make sure you give the iQ30s an audition...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom