1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will it stop smeilling ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by pgre, Jul 24, 2004.

1. pgre

pgre
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got a Beamax screen.. and well it stinks.. :)

Just wondering if anyone else has had one and when/if it stops wiffing...

Just means I have to keep the windows open at the moment..so its not a problem for me.. the neighbours may be a difference story.

2. Carduus

Carduus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    pgre

Yes, the stink will go away. I got a Beamax R-series about three weeks ago and was pretty surprised by the odour for the first few days. Leave the screen down and open the windows, just like you say. I can't remember when I stopped noticing, but I think a few days should do it - certainly within a week. :)

3. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    Looking at getting a Beamax R-Series (black). How are you guys getting on with yours ?

Also need to know how they fix to the wall and what sort of hook/bracket they come with. Ideally want something that I can simply hook onto the wall and be able to take off easily. Hook and hang concept is better for me than to screw it in as I don't want it to be a permanent feature.

Also how's the material holding up ? is it resisitant to curl ?

4. wandgrudd

wandgrudd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    [​IMG]

thats mine fixed to the wall as you can see the hook is just a hoop that you hook on to a hook

5. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I recently purchased a Da-Lite Model B and it stunk the place out. One of those smelly candles (Vanilla flavour I think) left to burn for a few hours made a difference.

6. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    wandgrudd you are a top man. :thumbsup:

The Hooks make it perfect for me, easy on/off. How do you rate the screen ? Are they OK ?

7. wandgrudd

wandgrudd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Only had it a week and have not yet got my own projector using a friends till mine comes in to stock, but looks good and seems to give a good picture it. Takes a bit of practice to make it go back up but it’s not hard if you keep practicing.

on a side note mine has to go back but its not the screens fault the case has a big dint in it, where the delivery people have bashed it about. The box it came in had a big hole it, which did not help but I think that’s a one off as the was a good amount of protection in the box mine was just unlucky.

(xxxx I got mine from hifibitz saves you money getting it from them, its £114 all in at hifibitz,but if you get it from beemax its £141.57 all in (Size: 176 x 103cm-Beamax 16:9 Manual Proj Screen))

8. pgre

pgre
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine has a similar problem.. but the material also seems twisted. (I can't get a flat screen out of it)

Beamax tried to send a replacement that was even more damaged..

I think I may send this one back and go and purchase a more expensive frame screen instead.. although I may give Beamax one more try first.

9. wandgrudd

wandgrudd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    well i have my new screen now and all seems well. nice and flat and no wrinkles.

It was sent With UPS this time and it came looking like it had just come off the packing line not a mark on the box.