Will it get better or is it time to trade-in?

rowedav

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got Gears just after Xmas and have like many people, been totally shocked at how FUBAR Gears 2 is online.

I was pinning my hopes on title update 2 to fix things, but that came and went fixing some things in-game and not around the actual mechanics of getting into a lag free game quickly and easily.

Now my hopes are for title update 3 to remedy the problems but I'm not too confident. As someone said in another thread, it's blatantly obvious the online side is a work in progress, and epic seems like they are going to be tweaking stuff for a long time to come...

Maybe I should get as much play out of the campaign and get shot. How much could I expect for trading in Gears 2?

I think they'll be forever tweaking stuff, but it will never ever have the appeal that GoW1 had (has???)......Epic messed it up big time, and I personally believe that its beyond any number of patches/updates to correct.....which is a real shame, as I was so looking forward to Gears2.

I traded mine a couple of months ago, and haven't missed it one bit. Don't think it'll be worth too much in the next 6 months, so might be time to get shot.

I still have the campaign mode to play again, and I think that is the only reason I've not traded it yet.

Think I'll get £25 for trade in?

I still have the campaign mode to play again, and I think that is the only reason I've not traded it yet.

Not sure you'll get £25 trade in, but you could probably sell it for that on the classifieds.

I wouldn't wait for the multiplayer to be fixed. I'm sure they're working on it full pelt, but from what I've read it's a deep rooted issue in the netcode. By the time they get it sorted, everyone will have moved on.

If they ever fix it, pick it up again for less than you sold it for.

Just finished playing the campaign with my brother. Online is garbage, it's going up on Ebay tonight. :thumbsup:

you cant get shut of it when you have not finished the campaign which is worth it, online is gash granted but there is always the fact that it might get better depends on what you would trade it in for up to you

you cant get shut of it when you have not finished the campaign which is worth it, online is gash granted but there is always the fact that it might get better depends on what you would trade it in for up to you

Agree, the campaign IS quality, and loved every minute of my 1st playthrough. Not sure what I'd trade for, but there's plenty of games out there to choose from

It will and has got significantly better, unfortunately given you've posted this thread you've obviously lost complete faith in the online so you'll just be looking for problems now. I would finish the campaign and get rid, no point forcing yourself to play it if you don't enjoy it online.

It would be shear luck to get £25 for it as a lot of places are selling it new for that. The only way to have a great game is to have a full party or play private matches with the AVF guys so for those two reasons its worth keeping also you might as well wait for TU3

My local Blockbuster and alot of places online are putting it up for £19:99 now. I think it's worth keeping hold of, it's an awesome game! Even if your not into it I don't think selling it for pittance is worth doing:thumbsdow

At the end of the day its up to you mate.
I'm keeping mine as I still have the campaign to do on insane ad co-op.
As far as the MP goes I wouldn't bother as its gash mate.

Keep it for the time being mate, wait for TU3 and see what happens. You never know they might sort it...(pig flies past window!!!). For what you'd get for it trading in, you just as well count ya losses and wait a while:smashin::smashin:

Was reading on the gow forums today all the updates that are coming so may be worth keeping go over and have alook
kop

Epic Games will be adding experience levels to Gears of War 2 multiplayer in the next title update, due to arrive sometime in the "near future".

"What if, instead of skill rank, we instead showed your experience level?" asks Fergusson on the official Gears of War forum.

"You would gain experience through your individual performance in Public multiplayer matches - the higher your score at the end, the more experience you acquire.

and...

Interestingly, Fergusson goes on to reveal that bots will now replace drop-outs during public matches, so giving weakened teams a realistic shot at winning. These will be Insane-level AI and added to every team short of five people - even 4v4 matches will gain two bots. It's not yet determined whether bot kills will increase your end-of-game score and thus experience earned.

Link

Don't know if it'd fix it but I'll wait around to see...

Thanks for all the replies gents.

I'm still in two minds - I'll finish the campaign on Hardcore and Insane (played through on Normal 1st time round for some reason) and get any other achievements for the campaign but I think the title update 3 and where that takes us will be the decider!

Just to chip in again, Apart from the campaign being awesome on its own I think Horde mode is ace played with a few friends! I think the reason were all slagging it so much here is because the online has potential to be excellent but has annoying aspects that could be fixed. As others have said, trade it if it means getting something else you really want but i'm hanging onto mine, just in case they pull it out the bag! fingers crossed:rolleyes:

Just to chip in again, Apart from the campaign being awesome on its own I think Horde mode is ace played with a few friends! I think the reason were all slagging it so much here is because the online has potential to be excellent but has annoying aspects that could be fixed. As others have said, trade it if it means getting something else you really want but i'm hanging onto mine, just in case they pull it out the bag! fingers crossed:rolleyes:

I agree - on the face of it Gears 2 looks such a good all round package; top quality campaign, co-op, and plenty of multiplayer modes. Unfortunately the multiplayer side lets it down a bit but the potential is there, and Horde is still really good, I agree with you on that too.

I think I'm going to keep hold of it for now, with my fingers crossed title update 3 fixes it.

If not, it's going! :thumbsdow

Playing horde online with friends is brilliant, I'd never trade it in. The other game modes are a bit weak unless you have a 5 friend party ensuring you're not constantly a man down.

Playing horde online with friends is brilliant, I'd never trade it in. The other game modes are a bit weak unless you have a 5 friend party ensuring you're not constantly a man down.

If the game was fixed i could have 10 lobbys of 5 easily but its so broken not even god could fix it jesus turning water into wine epic fixing gears2 not a sniff
kop turnng water into stella well thats another thing:devil:

Am also thinking about trading it in as after I finished the campaign I've been playing horde and now that's getting a bit old even though I haven't finished it.

So am unsure If I should keep it as sf4, killzone 2 and resi 5 has me sorted for the next couple of months.

Am also thinking about trading it in as after I finished the campaign I've been playing horde and now that's getting a bit old even though I haven't finished it.

So am unsure If I should keep it as sf4, killzone 2 and resi 5 has me sorted for the next couple of months.

I wouldnt put all your eggs in one basket and fall fo rthe kz2 hype either will always be a poor mans gow......................1 that is:devil:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom