1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will it be third time lucky for me?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Caimbeul, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Caimbeul

Caimbeul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Wo is me :(

I have just taken delivery of the JVC LT-37DS6...(My 2nd HD TV - 1st was a 46" DLP but that had to go for a number of reasons) Great TV, but! I have a few issues with it. The first is the lack of support via the VGA socket for anything above 1024x768 (looks only marginally better than Component DVD with HD clips at this resolution) which rules out me using that connection for my X360 when it arrives. That only leaves me with 2 good connections for HD and DVD (1xHDMI and 1xComponent).

I am on the verge of sending it back :( . Dont get me wrong, Image is decent through sky and DVD via component is simply breathtaking! - the best I have ever seen in fact but I just cant seem to find a set that will give me a good size screen with amazing picture quality coupled with plenty of good connections.

Can anyone reccomend a set that is at least 37" and doesnt cost over £2k?

:lease: :suicide: :lease: :suicide: :lease: :suicide: :lease:

2. manzee

manzee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe take a look at the new Sharp LCDs - GA6 & GD7? Only problem is they aren't out just yet. Can't be far off through. The Sharp LCDs in general though are excellent from what I've heard/read on here.

They'll have all the connections you need, that is definite. Suitable for use as a monitor too, through VGA.

In fact the only question for me is how do they look with freeview/sky...

3. semps

semps
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Take a look at LG 37LP1D. Saw it connected to HD at Currys and picture was breathtaking. £1990 for a 37'' with loads of connections but is not in stock yet. possibly end of september

LCD TV