• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Will iphone 4 be jailbreakable ?

jg213

Established Member
I have not seen this discussed, but Im just wondering if people think the new iphone will be able, to be jailbroken. Im wondering if Apple might have stepped up the security on the new phone to stop the jailbreaking?

How long do you think it will take before it is jailbreakable? if possible.

spookster

Established Member
The OS has been jailbroken, so my understanding is that the dev teams need to work out a way to get round the new hardware.

One of the reason the dev team weren't releasing another jailbreak/unlock was that they wanted to wait until the iPhone 4 launch so they didn't lose a way in. Hopefully they'll be an unlock as well!

w3dal

Distinguished Member
Ah, Geohot is at it again. Good lad :)

agree - blackra1n was just so easy to use, lets hope its the same for the 4.0 OS

must admit im looking forward to having a crack at the new features.

Dal

UEF

Prominent Member
There might be a way in, who knows. Much as it was one of those things that Apple used to just close off with basic fixes (patching basic bugs) they've come under fire for it more recently due to the amount of piracy it facilitates.

Desmo

Distinguished Member
There will ALWAYS be a way, it's just a matter of time waiting for someone to find the hole.

ruffage

Distinguished Member
I don't use much of the jailbreak features, so bit the bullet and installed iOS4.

It's got some nice features from the previous release, but god please can I have my jailbreak back to replace the god awful SMS tones.

"Ding ding!" :suicide:

Nuttynutter123

Established Member
geoht said in his talk on saturday at nuit du hack that his untethered JB for 3gs in 100% different to spirits.. he is keeping in this back pocket untill iPhone 4 where he hopes it will still work.

fingers crossed it will be a quick release rather than taking a month like the 3GS

dazprospect

Established Member
I haven't seen this discussed anywhere sooooo, I'm on JB 3.1.3, i've backed up my blobs on Cydia, if i upgrade to IOS4 and don't like it, can i downgrade back to older firmware??

Dave X

Prominent Member
thanks
applied for that a week ago but still waiting!!!

was hoping for an jailbreak unlock
ah well

dont wait for a text/email, mine was unlocked almost a month ago and o2 still havent sent me either.

I just kept trying by connecting to iTunes with a different sim, from the day after they took the £15 and got the "Congratulations" screen first time I tried.

It only took 3 days for the unlock to be processed.

m.r.davies

Standard Member
dont wait for a text/email, mine was unlocked almost a month ago and o2 still havent sent me either.

I just kept trying by connecting to iTunes with a different sim, from the day after they took the £15 and got the "Congratulations" screen first time I tried.

It only took 3 days for the unlock to be processed.

thanks dave

however, they still havent taken the money despite filling in the online form!
The sim card has been in since applying, but i've not actually used that sim much before, i've been using a simplicity one!

does that matter?

jerryq7777

Prominent Member
thanks dave

however, they still havent taken the money despite filling in the online form!
The sim card has been in since applying, but i've not actually used that sim much before, i've been using a simplicity one!

does that matter?

Phone O2 they can do it over the phone.

Dave X

Prominent Member

does that matter?

you do need to associate the sim with the phone (ie, make a few calls and send a few texts in the 24 hours before you apply), if you have been using a Simplicity sim, why not just fill the form again using the simplicity phone number. (or you could phone them and ask what is happening).

w3dal

Distinguished Member
15 updates today on Cydia/Rock re: apps. All iOS4 related.

yep had 8 this morning in rock and have updated.

would be tenmpted todo the redsn0w JB but it doesnt include rock that blackra1n did and find Rock more stable than Cydia plus its all backed up on rock. So just waiting for limera1n and then its OS4 and JB time.

one of the guys in my office updated to to OS4 last night, few nice features in there :smashin:

Dal

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom