1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will i tell

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by luv ya jen, Jun 16, 2003.

1. luv ya jen

luv ya jen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hia peeps im after getting a marantz sr 4300 from rs at the mo i have a sherwood 6103 amp running with a set of eltax liberty i will be part chopping the sherwood so i cant really try them both side by side my main question is what makes the marantz better than the sherwood if it is better??????

2. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi Luv,

I tested a Sherwood 7100 pro logic amp at home for a week, as part of the try it at home deal, and i hated it, very messy controls and sounded very naff.

I held onto this amp, while waiting for stocks of the SR4300 to come into my local branch of RS.

When i finally got the Marantz, WOW what a difference, the sound quality on music duties was AWSOME, and it still is. It's the best sounding AV amp i've heard from RS when i was looking for an AV amp.

I did try the Yamaha 630 RDS, and the Kenwood (Can't remember the model), and the Marantz SR4300, and a Denon 1602 (Was no longer in stock which was a shame, as this was my ideal amp). And guess who won that deal

;)

Some poeple prefer the Yamaha, but for music & movie duties it's still a winner.

Cheers

Cosmic023