• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Will I see the difference in picture quality?

gwarde

Currently have a Samsung UE55JU6400 which I have had about three years and have been happy with. This is one of the early generation 4K offerings and whilst happy with it I can't help thinking about changing with a limited cash budget. Considering a Samsung UE55NU8000, my question is will I see a marked improvement in picture quality without venturing up the price range to OLED/QLED. Our viewing generally consists of TV through Sky box, Netflix and 4K movies and Blurays through a Sony 4K player. Any opinions appreciated, particularly if anybody has done the same upgrade (not likely I realise!!) Thanks in advance.

Stevej190

Standard Member
They would be a small improvement yes but not a great deal.
It’s getting to be that time of the year when 2018 models will be at their cheapest and already there are some great deals on OLED tv’s. Go to Richer Sounds and see the differences for yourself. Or go to Curry’s if it’s easier to see the various models, then buy it from Richer Sounds.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom