Will i notice the difference , Help please

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by martay, Jul 8, 2005.

1. martay

martay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    New to these forums so please excuse if this has been asked before.
    I have just become the owner of a Hitachi 42PD5200H, very happy with the set it self but i have noticed on some SKy + channels that skin tones are blotchy, not smooth .This is mostly with the FX channel. Programmes like Jag and NCIS are very rich in colour. I was told by a local shop that i MAY be able to reduce this by using a scaler. Does anyone have any input on this and would i benifit from a scaler .Thanks in advance

2. Welwynnick

Welwynnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +866
    There's a very good chance that a scaler could help, but it's best to try some simpler and cheaper things first. Have a search around the forum for 42PD5200 settings, to see if others have done some experimentation that may help you first. Factory settings are not always a good place to start. You might like to consider getting the Digital Video Essentials test DVD first.