1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will i notice a difference with a Pioneer 575

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Panasonic_Dude, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Panasonic_Dude

Panasonic_Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Cyberhome 402 dvd player, it's been a great unit for the few years i've had it but now i'm after a better player with divx capabilities. Question is, will i notice the better dvd picture quality with the Pioneer over the 402 or are all dvd players usually within spitting distance of each other picture wise?

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    There's a good deal of difference between players, partly depending on what type of connection they use. What sort of display have you got and what connections types (component, RGB, S-Video) does it have?

While I don't know the 402 at all I'd expect the 575 will imporve it, the Pioneers is a damned good player for the price, and for somewhat more than the price as well.

3. Panasonic_Dude

Panasonic_Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    KraGorn, i have a Panny 32PG50, it has the usual three scarts, s-video and component in(not sure if it's progressive input though) tv does prog scan. Nice tv, cost 1400 smackers three years ago.

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hmm, SCARTS are a pain because few players seem come with them .. not sure how you'd connect a 575 but then I've never had to try.

That said, if you're using RGB via SCART now then the PQ improvement may not be as dramatic, though again knowing nothing about the 402 doesn't help me. :)

5. Sorbus

Sorbus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    The 575 has both scart and component out. And can have progressive or interlaced output for component from both pal and ntsc disks.
    How you connect 402 will affect whether either of these gives you and improvement in PQ.

6. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Well that just shows how much I know about the 575. :smoke:

I've seen one in comparison to some others but didn't look at it in detail.