Will I need an HDMI cable?

Delmar

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am about to buy a Panasonic combi (DMR-EZ48) and a Panasonic Viera. Seeing as there is apparently a single-cable connection between the two provided with the DVD/VCR combi recorder, do I need to buy a HDMI cable to go with this cable? If so, is a basic one at £4 or £5 OK good enough? (not for gaming and I do not have FREESAT or SKY or Virgin, I won't have HD that's what I mean, not for a while anyway, just FREEVIEW).

I would recommend geting one because even if your not planning on using any HD equipment you can still upscale regular dvds to 1080P.

You could just use a normal scart lead but the picture should be alot better with a hdmi cable & yeah I think the cheapest one should be fine, I have a cheap hdmi on my PS3 which works perfectly.

Thanks. I'm having both Panasonic appliances (TV & DVD recorder) delivered next week, so do I understand correctly that I do not need to buy any extra cable to connect one to the other and that the Viera connection cable that manufacturers provide will be enough? (I'll buy the HDMI cable later in a few weeks' time, for the purposes you've mentioned, no rush).

Would that sort of cable do?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5349694/Trail/searchtext%3EHDMI+CABLE.htm

I wanted to know as well, what sort of DVDs do I need to buy for this type of DVD recorder? (the Panasonic EZ48)?

I'm having both Panasonic appliances (TV & DVD recorder) delivered next week, so do I understand correctly that I do not need to buy any extra cable to connect one to the other and that the Viera connection cable that manufacturers provide will be enough? (I'll buy the HDMI cable later in a few weeks' time, for the purposes you've mentioned, no rush).

Would that sort of cable do?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5349694/Trail/searchtext%3EHDMI+CABLE.htm

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom