Will I need a 'fresh' install?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by mac69, Apr 26, 2007.

1. mac69

mac69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    My first ever post - please be kind!!

Been a member for ages and found the forums very useful, about time I joined in.

I am currenty saving for a new HD TV (LCD/Plasma??) + AV reciever. Lots of research to do yet (have about 6 weeks before bonus is paid)
    Question is in regards to upgrading my Sky+ to Sky HD
    Current set up is Sky+ in the living room (output to the one TV in same room). The signal is fed via pre installed cables (ie it is a new house + has a Sat cable wired already into the living room. An additional cable that was original going to be used to feed the signal back into the loft to a distributer is now used to feed in the second signal).

I also have a sky box in the loft which is distributed to a number of other rooms.

Question is whether these cables are OK for Sky HD or if I will need a new install (would prefer to keep cables 'as is' ie hidden away). Not sure if you are required a specific cable type to carry the signal or whether or not the existing ones are OK.

2. mitchec1

mitchec1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,125
    The engineer should be able to swap a HD box for you Sky+ box without making any changes to the existing cables

3. mac69

mac69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the info

Should make it nice and easy then (straight swap in the living room with an extra cable into the loft for Sky+)