• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

will i need a amp with pxc350?

showtime 73

Standard Member
hi all got some pxc350 headphones on order.
what i would like to know is, will need a amp to power them properly?
will be using them with my iphone when on a long haul flight.
i tryed my dads sony mdr mc7 headphones on the iphone but it seemed very low volume.
if i do need a amp could you please recomend one,cheap as poss please as i will not be using them very much so cant warrent spending loads on a amp.
thanks

Drubbing

For a cheap but useful amp you could try the Fiio e3 or e5

These are not great; you'll get volume, but usually at the expense of sound quality.

People have to get past the idea amps are for volume, they're not. They're to provide power to phones that need power.

While flights are the optimal place to use NCs, they'll only cancle out recurrent freqs, like aircarft drone, you'll still hear chatter and intermittent noise.

You might want to consider good canalphones, many offer higher isolation than the PXC, are far less bulky, and will sound better, for less money.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom