Will I lose sound quality with this setup?

juvfg

Standard Member
Reaction score
I own a Topping TP 21 amp, Infinity primus p163 speakers, a subwoofer, and a monitor with it's own speakers.

Will I lose sound quality or destroy something if I get a 3 way audio splitter and connect everything with 3.5 mm cables? This is the only option I can think of doing. Are there any other ways?

So I will have the splitter connected to my pc, then I will have one 3.5 mm cable going into the amp, one going into the monitor, and one going into the subwoofer.

By the way, I use the monitor's speakers because I have my xbox and ps3 connected to it.

Why do you want both the monitor and the Topping / Infinity speakers connected? I take it the subwoofer is an active sub, and you're just using it to fill out the bass (whether it has some sort of filtering itself or not is another matter)?

I would just skip the monitor speakers altogether, I can't see them adding much anyway! Other than that, you should be fine, depending on what sub you have and how it's connected.

A lot will depend on the quality of the switch and cables you use. If you use cheap stuff then it could cause an issue but should be OK with something fairly decent.

I will try the steps you recommended. Do i really to get a expensive cable, have any recommendations?

You don't need an expensive cable, just get something off ebay that is cheap but isn't doorbell wire lol

thanks for your recommendation, I do save a lot of time.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom