1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will I lose much quality?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by INchSHOrT, Oct 26, 2004.

1. INchSHOrT

INchSHOrT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Just a quick question to you veteran AV enthusiasts. :lesson:

I have a SD-24 which is a dvd/vcr combi. I assumed the output from the DVD and VCR would come out of the same port......how wrong I was :suicide: .
    Upon consulting the manual I read the Component Outputfrom this unit is DVD exclusive. :smashin:

Ok, so now I have settled with a cheap scart lead into my television from the same unit. :rolleyes:

The question is :

Is it worth my while putting a Thor scart on, and will I get any better results bearing in mind it is VCR output?? :confused:

2. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well if you already have it I don't see the point of not using it.

Any SCART lead will improve picture quality over the pieces of string that pass for cables that are fitted to cheap SCART's not to mention the tin foil plugs. Try it and see if it looks better.

3. IanR

IanR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Inchshort

I am hoping to purchase the Tosh 24 DVD/VCR combo soon. I want to be able to connect my main TV via Scart or Component, as you have done, but then I also want to be able to use the UHF Out to connect to a TV in another room, where I go to have a fag. This other TV is only a 14" portable so I'm not really worried about picture quality. Can you tell me if the UHF Out gives the same output as is being seen by the main TV?

Thanks in advance

Ian

4. INchSHOrT

INchSHOrT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Laurel thanks for your reply :- will try it tonight. I thought someone might have tried it b4 thats all!!!,

I hate moving this mother of CRT's......

Hi Ian, sorry m8, gonna have to ask someone else this, ain't got a UHF lead to check and besides my old TV is now relegated to the garage