• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Will I easily be able to sell 2 iphone 4s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam M

This is not a offer for sale so mods please do not delete on this basis.

I have a few older iphones going spare and would like to get my wife and father using them. to do this I need iphone bolts on and would like to take advantage of a few offers currently available.

Basically these are people who don't need minutes, and so are on sim only deals.

in order to get the deals I want they need to go into contract and so I will end up having to get them phones.

There is no point getting anything other than the iphone 4 but to make the move cost effective to allow them to use the 3G and 3GS I have going spare I'll need to sell each of the 16gb iphone 4s for £450.

Do you think this will be easily possible?

I know this is cheaper than list price, so you may think its a no brainer, but I'll be using AVforums to avoid paying ebay and paypal fees.

It's a risk getting these that I don't want to take unless I can be confident I can sell for this price.

Would appreciate any thoughts on this, and please don't make any offers as this is categorically not a for sale thread as I have no items for sale yet. I just want to know if I'll be safe entering contracts that give me phones I can't justify keeping.

mightynimrod

Just sell them for full retail as they are hard to get at the moment and members will be willing to pay the full asking.

£499 for the 16GB

£599 for the 32GB

Do it including postage if you want to sweeten the deal but at £450 your selling yoursef short.

Totally up to you though.

Adam M

that's encouraging.

not trying to make a profit, just want to cover my costs.

I have the choice of 16 or 32, and the purchase price is less than £100 extra.

Was more concerned that people will not be as keen to buy from a shop, hence making them cheaper.

btw. if I arrange the upgrades tomorrow, I'd also have to wait a good three weeks as they are on back order, so beating the lack of supply is not an incentive I can rely on to affect the price.

Last edited:

Dazo

I don't get it, if you are getting the phones on contract why would you want to them pay for additional sim only deals ? Why not just use the contract sims.

Adam M

I don't get it, if you are getting the phones on contract why would you want to them pay for additional sim only deals ? Why not just use the contract sims.

They are currently on sim only, both of them. They don't care for the iphone particularly, never mind the iphone 4, but I have spares.

To get the deals on the iphone bolt ons I want, I need to move them from sim only to contract. This therefore brings phones with it that we don't need.

If I sell the phones, over the contract length I am looking at, it recovers the cost of the extra tariff and bolt ons. so they get to use my existing iphones for no extra so long as I can sell the phones.

Dazo

They are currently on sim only, both of them. They don't care for the iphone particularly, never mind the iphone 4, but I have spares.

To get the deals on the iphone bolt ons I want, I need to move them from sim only to contract. This therefore brings phones with it that we don't need.

If I sell the phones, over the contract length I am looking at, it recovers the cost of the extra tariff and bolt ons. so they get to use my existing iphones for no extra so long as I can sell the phones.

You will never recover the cost of a contract buy selling the phones. Why your even buying the phones completely escapes me. Why not put them on or upgrade to a sim only with Internet bundle included and give them your old phones ?

r1984

If you do, do the above i would be happy to buy the phone of you.. Only in trading section tho :)

Adam M

You will never recover the cost of a contract buy selling the phones. Why your even buying the phones completely escapes me. Why not put them on or upgrade to a sim only with Internet bundle included and give them your old phones ?

Thanks for your concern, but I've done the maths.

It's a business contract and I can't add an iPhone bolt on to their current shared sim only tariffs.

I am just try to recover the increase in going from their current contract to an individual iPhone tariff so that getting the data costs as little as possible.

It's a business contract and I can't add an iPhone bolt on to their current shared sim only tariffs.

I am just try to recover the increase in going from their current contract to an individual iPhone tariff so that getting the data costs as little as possible.
Will happily take one off your hands :)

Sy1441

Why not move them to a sim-only deal with unlimited data ?

Adam M

Dazo

Doesn't exist on business tariff.

Not sure what network you are on but both Vodafone and O2 both do business sim only with Internet included. For what its worth I am not concerned in the slightest because you will sell these phones no problem but it seems a strange way to go about what you are trying to achieve.

Adam M

You can't get an iPhone bolt on on a sim only o2 business tariff that shares its minutes with a sharer contract.

I've asked about 20 different o2 business staff.

I agree with Dazo seems a bit silly tbh changing from sim only going onto poss 2yrs on iPhone tariff for a bolt on! I bought my iPhone 4 sim free due to being on such a good sim only deal. And if your family members are not big phone users as you suggest, wat bolt on could they possibly need that's worth getting them onto contract? Is there a groovy bolt on I'm unaware of!!

Professor Chaos

I agree with Dazo seems a bit silly tbh changing from sim only going onto poss 2yrs on iPhone tariff for a bolt on! I bought my iPhone 4 sim free due to being on such a good sim only deal. And if your family members are not big phone users as you suggest, wat bolt on could they possibly need that's worth getting them onto contract? Is there a groovy bolt on I'm unaware of!!

indeed :D Im a bit confused too. Why not add an 'iphone sim only' bolt on to their existing tarrifs? The way you are doing it, you'll have to pay £200+ per iphone, plus you will tie them up for 2 years on a contract. Completely escapes me what youre trying to do, but if you really must, I'll gladly take one of the phones off your hands :thumbsup:

hutch

Distinguished Member
Right i've let it go up to yet but im closing this now, we have a classifieds forum for a reason and the OP's original question has been more than answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom