will i be sat to close

Reaction score
im getting a 46 inch tv and im going to be sat 7ft away will i be to close

thnx in advance

You will be fine with HD stuff. For SDTV stuff you will probably move back a feet or two.

You will be fine with HD stuff. For SDTV stuff you will probably move back a feet or two.

+1 on that one :smashin: depending how good the SD TV is, I'm assuming it's a G10? That'll mean you will need to sit back a bit

have u been watchin wht i buy :p

:rotfl: I just know that the G10 is pretty much the only decent (if not only) 46" plasma :D

I worry about myself sometimes :rolleyes::rolleyes:

i had a th46pz80ba before and it started playing up so got me moeny back so looking around for a set at the mo is tht wht you recomded thn

7ft away from my pioneer 50" fantastic,sd/hd.:smashin:

A Pioneer would make SD viewing better, they have superior de-interlacing and scaling technology to the Panasonics, HD should look very good though, and if you can make use of the freesat tuner then that's a little bit more HD!

thats wht im hopeing but i only have a budget of 1000.00 as im only 16 so looks like ill look at some pf the pannasonics

thats wht im hopeing but i only have a budget of 1000.00 as im only 16 so looks like ill look at some pf the pannasonics

:eek: only £1000? I envy any 16 year old who has that much to spend!

EDIT: I envy any person who has that much to spend!

u sound like my mum but my probelm is all the ones i like are more than that is there a comprise

Blimey when I am 16 I had a 14 inch goodman portable for TV. (20 years ago)

im going to start doing my room up on sat so i will post some pics if peeps are intrested

wht tv have u got then m8

I've got an LG 32PG6000 in my bedroom (I'm 17, so not much older!). It's cost my a just under £400, it was the best TV I could get, I didn't have a job at the time though.

I'd be interested to see some pics when it's done

When I was 16 I was skint and would have liked any TV!

But at least I could spell ;)

G10 is basically an uprated PZ80, so if you liked that when it was still working, this should do you fine.

You'll be fine!

Ive recently got a G10 50" and im sitting same viewing distance as you (7ft). Freeview is looking better and better to me already, blu-rays look fantastic.

I imagine youve got a xbox 360 or ps3? Just think - you wont need to move closer to the screen (most people seem to do this playing games Ive noticed!)

Remember the tv-buying mantra....buy the biggest TV you can afford because you'll only regret it if you dont! (within reason - I wont be buying a 60" at 7ft range!)

I've recently switched from a 42" plasma to a 50" Pioneer 5090 and I must say that SD is noticeably compromised even at 4m/13' viewing distance (DVD is softer and more so even good freeview channels).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom