will i be sat to close

Monarch

Novice Member
You will be fine with HD stuff. For SDTV stuff you will probably move back a feet or two.
+1 on that one :smashin: depending how good the SD TV is, I'm assuming it's a G10? That'll mean you will need to sit back a bit

i had a th46pz80ba before and it started playing up so got me moeny back so looking around for a set at the mo is tht wht you recomded thn

bladedripper

Distinguished Member
7ft away from my pioneer 50" fantastic,sd/hd.:smashin:

thats wht im hopeing but i only have a budget of 1000.00 as im only 16 so looks like ill look at some pf the pannasonics

Monarch

Novice Member
thats wht im hopeing but i only have a budget of 1000.00 as im only 16 so looks like ill look at some pf the pannasonics
:eek: only £1000? I envy any 16 year old who has that much to spend!

EDIT: I envy any person who has that much to spend!

Monarch

Novice Member
wht tv have u got then m8
I've got an LG 32PG6000 in my bedroom (I'm 17, so not much older!). It's cost my a just under £400, it was the best TV I could get, I didn't have a job at the time though.

I'd be interested to see some pics when it's done

choddo2006

Novice Member
When I was 16 I was skint and would have liked any TV!

But at least I could spell ;)

G10 is basically an uprated PZ80, so if you liked that when it was still working, this should do you fine.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
You'll be fine!

Ive recently got a G10 50" and im sitting same viewing distance as you (7ft). Freeview is looking better and better to me already, blu-rays look fantastic.

I imagine youve got a xbox 360 or ps3? Just think - you wont need to move closer to the screen (most people seem to do this playing games Ive noticed!)

Remember the tv-buying mantra....buy the biggest TV you can afford because you'll only regret it if you dont! (within reason - I wont be buying a 60" at 7ft range!)

toodeep

I've recently switched from a 42" plasma to a 50" Pioneer 5090 and I must say that SD is noticeably compromised even at 4m/13' viewing distance (DVD is softer and more so even good freeview channels).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More

Latest News

Humax launches AURA 4K Freeview Play Recorder
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Fyne Audio adds new standmounts to F1 speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Mark Levinson expands 5000 Series with amplifiers and players
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 14th October 2020
  • By Phil Hinton