will i be able to connect query

Discussion in 'BT Broadband' started by sunderland, Sep 12, 2007.

1. sunderland

sunderland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    well after been told 2 times that i couldnt have bt broadband till my line was switched back over to bt on the 19th of sept,i got a letter saying my broadband package was coming on the 13th,i.e the hub so i have my user name and password so does that mean i can go ahead and set it up and use bt or do i have to wait as ive asked bt and they keep saying they have my mac code then saying they dont have it,god a nightmare is coming here i can see it,any help please

2. sunderland

sunderland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    well could someone please tell me when they joined bt did they get a live date or was it as soon as gear came they just set it up and that was it cheers

3. beerhunter

beerhunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +740
    I've installed dozens of BT ADSL. It has been my experience that the service always goes live on activation day. The Home Hub usually arrives on the activation day. (On the odd occasion when it hasn't it has been because the householder has been out.)

As you have a Home Hub why not just plug it in and see if you get a service. After a bit of light flashing the Broadband Light will flash a bit and then go solid followed by the Internet light. As an aside, do NOT install the BT software on your PC - it's a waste of space.

4. sunderland

sunderland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    beerhunter sorry but it is coming today the hub,so i take it that if it comes today, today will be the live date m8,

5. sunderland

sunderland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    beerhunter you were right m8 but the only prob i had was they had the wrong mac code so they said it should all be on tomorrow, cheers m8