Will having a Dolby Atmos bar be a waste with IPTV

PAL22

Standard Member
Hi guys hopefully you can help answer my query. I have a Samsung Q70a 75 “ tv I mainly use streaming services like iptv or iPlayer etc for viewing. Question is will investing in a Dolby Atmos sound bar a woofer be a Waste of time and money as I’m not using the correct source to get the best from it ? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

hughesie27

Hi guys hopefully you can help answer my query. I have a Samsung Q70a 75 “ tv I mainly use streaming services like iptv or iPlayer etc for viewing. Question is will investing in a Dolby Atmos sound bar a woofer be a Waste of time and money as I’m not using the correct source to get the best from it ? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I think most soundbars will probably upscale sound mixes to make use of the upfiring atmos speakers but it won't be true Atmos. You will only get that from Netflix, Disney+ etc.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
UK streaming services only offer 2.0 audio and 720p picture quality. If you want 21st century quality look to the American streaming services such as Amazon, Netflix, etc., or NowTV if you cough-up for a Boost pass.

hughesie27

UK streaming services only offer 2.0 audio and 720p picture quality. If you want 21st century quality look to the American streaming services such as Amazon, Netflix, etc., or NowTV if you cough-up for a Boost pass.
iPlayer offers UHD content. Not sure about Atmos sound though.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom