will have to pay to upgrade from Snow Leopard 10.5 to 10.6?

gadey

Standard Member
Hi
Just waiting for a macbook to be delivered and wondered if i would have to pay to upgrade?
cheers

ABC1

Novice Member
Are you sure you have the versions correct?
Leopard is 10.5
Snow Leopard is 10.6.
All new Macs have come with Snow Leopard for a couple of months now, so unless you have bought pretty old stock you should be ok. Also Apple were doing free upgrades for computers bought within a month of Snow Leopard coming out ( I know because my upgrade was free)

gadey

Standard Member
ah i see! thanks for the info. it has snow leopard. I wondered if they release versions like they do with itunes. (or maybe they get the os right first time unlike itunes!)

Tenex

Novice Member
Also Apple were doing free upgrades for computers bought within a month of Snow Leopard coming out ( I know because my upgrade was free)
That program has ended now.

ah i see! thanks for the info. it has snow leopard. I wondered if they release versions like they do with itunes. (or maybe they get the os right first time unlike itunes!)
For each release of the OS you'll see there are periodic updates, so Snow Leopard 10.6 will be incremented 10.6.1, etc through Software Update automatically.

At some point the next release 10.7 will be designated and released - 10.7 is already showing up in the web analytics of some sites so its on the way but probably won't be formally announced until WWDC in July and released late '10 or even '11.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom