• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

will G10, G15 be still in the market when G20, VT25 released?

ares9245

Standard Member
Couldn't get a V10 and don't know if G20/25 will definitely be better.
Although they are new models, but better TVs are not garranteed, IMHO.
If the reviews turned out to be not good, I'll just get a G10/G15.

So now I am worried G10/15 will be discontinued like V10 by then.
Any ideas?

toodeep

I read here that only the higher-end models are getting the Kuro technology (that has the potential to compromise picture clarity). The replacements for the G10/15 will more likely be more of the same, albeit maybe for more money to begin with.

onmeheadson

Any ideas?

Yes when the new models come out the G10 and G15 will not available once stocks are depleted.

rewerb

Argos dont think so the G10 is in the new 2010 Spring/summer catalogue just out.
So Argos will supply the G10 into the summer? Dont think so.
G20 will be out in March, G10s will be out of production then. The ones around will be unsold stock.

danalfie

So Argos will supply the G10 into the summer? Dont think so.
G20 will be out in March, G10s will be out of production then. The ones around will be unsold stock.

Argos catalogues end up in 18 million uk homes.
Why is it in a brand new edition just out on 23 Jan
? There company buyers must think there going to be available.

rewerb

Argos catalogues end up in 18 million uk homes.
Why is it in a brand new edition just out on 23 Jan
? There company buyers must think there going to be available.
And they must know that the majority of the current Panasonic sets will be discontinued from March. It happens every year. So rather than put no Panasonic sets in the catalgue, they put the end of the range models in.

danalfie

And they must know that the majority of the current Panasonic sets will be discontinued from March. It happens every year. So rather than put no Panasonic sets in the catalgue, they put the end of the range models in.

Argos must be one of Panasonics main outlets,(if not the top one) . How do Argos generate £4.5 billion of sales by putting items in a catalogue you cannot get?
Just seems a bit odd.

Wild Weasel

Distinguished Member
Argos insert amendments in the in store catalogues and can just update the website as necessary.

danalfie

Thanks Weasel
Argos are 2nd only to Currys on volume with comsumer electronics, No way do they put TV,s in new catalogues that wil not be available in the near future.The original post was will G10/G15 be still in the market when G20,VT25 released.Im sticking with the G10 will be available from Argos for some time to come.I am not arguing the point about will it still be in production.It,s just my view on the original question.

Bizmuth

I doubt the G10 will still be around by then. They are getting hard to find already. The G15 looks like it'll be around til the new models come out. V10s are already like hens teeth.
Bear in mind the Argos catalogue will take a fair bit of effort and time to put together, the content will have been decided some time ago. No doubt they know the new models will be coming but as there were no details when they went to press they put the existing models in instead of leaving the TV pages empty. As has been said, they will produce a suppliment when the new models actually hit the market. There is probably a disclaimer in the catalogue stating contents are subject to change.

airmyx

I don't know how many people will actually buy a G10 from Argos anyway.... last time I looked, they were selling them for around 70% more than the cheapest price I could find online!

Bizmuth

Oh you'd be surprised. I'm sure a great many people out there just see it at full RRP and assume that's what they all are at. British people are woefull at haggling. I know people who have actually managed to haggle to a HIGHER price than was originally asked! It's a bit like that advert with Ohmid Djalili, people are too meek to ask for a deal or are just plain unaware that they can.
Besides, places like Argos will just give you a flat NO! But people won't think of looking elsewhere. It's similar to John Lewis' claim of never being undersold. They just assume thats the cheapest price, even though it's often full RRP.
There's no excuse for not doing your homework.

leicester_boy

Any ideas?

well the v10 is not discontinued yet and the panasonic stores in leicester definately have them because i got mine from there!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom