will freesat sky work?

P

philipv6

Hi Everyone! :)

im totally a novice with satellite tv as have been stuck watching council tele forever,,

just moved into a new house though and they have left sky dish and lead is still in living room....

wondering if i borrow my mum n dads old sky box they have from a while ago and get this thing called freesat should that work to get me going with more channels? (does freesat mean i have to phone sky for one or buy from shop or sumting?

live in a village where everyone hooked upto sky but i cant afford the full tv package, freeview doesnt pick up signal and the tv aerial reception is rather bad,

thanks for any help,,, appreciate it! :smashin:

phil

gavan

Novice Member
Hi Everyone! :)

im totally a novice with satellite tv as have been stuck watching council tele forever,,

just moved into a new house though and they have left sky dish and lead is still in living room....

wondering if i borrow my mum n dads old sky box they have from a while ago and get this thing called freesat should that work to get me going with more channels? (does freesat mean i have to phone sky for one or buy from shop or sumting?

live in a village where everyone hooked upto sky but i cant afford the full tv package, freeview doesnt pick up signal and the tv aerial reception is rather bad,

thanks for any help,,, appreciate it! :smashin:

phil

You can hook up an old box and straight away get the BBC and ITV digital channels plus Film4 and a few others. To get Channel 4, Five and Sky3 you'll need a freesat card, 20 quid, with the web address detailed in the post above.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom