1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will European LCD TV work In Britain?? Freeview etc

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Mr- Alive, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Mr- Alive

Mr- Alive

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello again, As some of you know i've been looking to buy an LG 37LP1D 37" LCD but havent had much luck, and now LG say they are waiting for stock which they reakon will be around 2 weeks. However I've found a UK site but get there stock from europe (Norway) and they have it in stock, but it has a different model number 37LP1RS however since contacting LG they have said they are the same TV.

My question is will freeview and analogue tuners work over here? will there be any other problems ?? Will there be any probs with HDMI and Sky ??

I guess they are exactly the same TV's with the choice of allowing you to change the coutry via its menu system, to allow it to tune in to correct frequency etc.

Norwegian Model: 37LP1RS
    UK Model: 37LP1D

Any Help With The Matter Will Be Great.

Thanks Andy

2. Mr- Alive

Mr- Alive

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    whoops wrong forum........... :oops:
    hmmmmm tooo tired. :boring:

Can A Moderator Move This To The LCD Forum :lease:

:spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, moved :).

:smoke:

4. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,401
    I very much doubt the Norwegian model has Freeview built in as it is a UK service. The D in the UK model number most likely indicates an IDT or integrated digital tuner. There is no D in the Norwegian model number from which I would presume it has no integrated digital tuner.

5. Flugzeugler

Flugzeugler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I think you might not get sound on analogue broadcasts as Europe uses a different frequency (?) for the sound. However, looking in the menu system of my TV, it looks as if you can choose PAL, SECAM or NTSC so you could be OK.

Ask the supplier?

6. ZaforZ

ZaforZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Th 37LP1RS does not have an integrated DVB-T tuner as the 37LP1D. THe 37LP1RS is also silver colour (the S at the end). It is also available as black, 37LP1R.

The DVB-standard is same all over Europe so an European TV should work fine in the UK. ("Freeview" is just a marketing name for DVB-T-broadcasts, right?). Analog tuners should also work ok.

7. Mr- Alive

Mr- Alive

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Think I might hold on then untill they get them back in stock here.

Thanks

8. gavan

gavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    If you want the analogue tuner to work properly in the UK, you'll need to make sure it's PAL-I capable.

Don't know about digital terrestrial TV. It depends on the standards in use in each country. The UK is slightly non-standard I believe.

Shouldn't be any problems with HDMI or Sky (via Scart). They are standards in their own right.

Gav