Will Elite auto-renew and charge your associated c/card?

rousetafarian

Reaction score
I cannot remember if Elite subs are linked to my card that associated with PSN?

I bought the Hardened edition for my sins back in November and like 99% of the other suckers probably won't want to renew....

Any clues ?

Will Elite auto-renew and charge your associated c/card?
Yes

I bought the Hardened edition for my sins back in November and like 99% of the other suckers probably won't want to renew....

Any clues ?

I bought the hardened for the PS3 too. And I was still on auto renew. And plus most infuriatingly I am not getting that extra month they promised. I disabled it as its cheaper to get it via PSN points card if I did decide to renew.

Go to account management----then to transaction management----then to services list----then to CoD Elite---then click on subscription. You will see a box that reads cancel automatic renewal.

Have you contacted Activision about their promised 1-month free?

Have you contacted Activision about their promised 1-month free?

I think you put some red shoes on and click your heals as that's the only way anyone will get that promised 1 month now.

Well at least I have half of that covered! /dorothy

Are blue suede shoes red? Sorry... /colorblind.

Quick question, if you bought the Hardened version and used the code to get Elite, how can it auto renew if you don't have a credit card on file?

Surley it will just fail?

Quick question, if you bought the Hardened version and used the code to get Elite, how can it auto renew if you don't have a credit card on file?

You're probably right unless you've selected the option to save credit card details on Account Management. You'd be mad to do that though after the PSN outage last year when Sony got hacked.

It could if you buy points cards use that money if you have any on your account.

It *might* put you in negative balance on PSN meaning that the next time you want to buy something from PSN you need to clear that negative balance first.

It is really dodgy Activision/Sony doing this without any openness. I only heard of this by a warning made by (I think it was Nighhawk) a few months back.

Logic dictates if you used Hardened it shouldn't auto renew as you bought a hardened game, not subbed to anything. But thats what its doing.

I highly doubt they will just take it and say 'you owe us' if you haven't got the credit.

If you have no payment methods stored then I can't see them taking it in any way at all.

Yeah it's scum that they auto renew hardened. It's not even obvious how to cancel it without someone telling you how like in this thread.

Should this be a 'sticky' thread? Just a thought .........

Just don't use your methods to make it sticky Chris...

It could if you buy points cards use that money if you have any on your account.

It *might* put you in negative balance on PSN meaning that the next time you want to buy something from PSN you need to clear that negative balance first.

You cannot buy or renew anything on PSN if you have no funds/not enough funds/no payment details on your account.

It won't set the balance into negative, the wallet doesn't work that way, it's not Paypal.

Followed the instructions above and cancelled the renewal, that was due on 06/11/12, thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom