Will DVDO iScan Ultra Improve pricture from Tivo to Pioneer PDP434HDE?

Dave02

I've got an opportunity to buy a DVDO iScan Ultra video processor for £300 and wondered if it would significantly improve the picture from my Tivo into my Pioneer PDP434HDE? For movies, I'm currently using a Pioneer DV717.

Any opinions welcome.

Thanks.

Dave

rowlandhills

Dave,

I can't comment on the iScan, but I have to say that I'm planning to get a Lumagen Vision DVI myself shortly (when my plasma screen arrives). However, have you made sure that the TiVo is outputting the best picture?

You can make various tweaks to put it in "Mode 0" for recording, which is supposed to be a significant improvement in pitcure quality. You can also tweak it to output component video directly. Do a search on this board and on tivocommunity.com if you've not made these changes already.

Good luck with it.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello dave02

The iScanUltra is not a great choice - for a start its not RGB SCART compatible so limits the quality of the signal you can Input from your TiVO to begin with.

If you want a low cost Processor then there are bargains to be had on end of line iScanHD and HD+ models - these are SCART RGB compatible and do a lot more than the old Ultra.

Best regards

Joe

Dave02

Thank you both for your comments. I will look into the Tivo tips, as I currently have it connected with a Monster SCART cable.

Joe - How much do the HD and HD+ models sell at?

Thanks.

Dave

Trending threads

Top Bottom