Will dv27 replace my cd72t

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jazzbone, Jan 4, 2007.

Tags:
  1. jazzbone

jazzbone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just managed to get hold of a second hand FMJ DV27 to add to my system of cd72t, a75+, quad 11l and panny 37px60. Have heard alot about the dv27's ability with cd so will it be better than the 72t. If it is will my amp be good enough to deal with the better sound or will I need to upgrade it to A90 for example or maybe add a P80. Any thoughts, thanks.

2. tvh3ad

tvh3ad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I'd say probably not: the CD72 was a nice-sounding player, and I preferred mine to my 27A. YMMV.

3. jazzbone

jazzbone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bump!

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,517
    I sold my CD73 when I got a DV27 as I found the DVD player to be at least as good as the CD player, if not better.

Mark.

5. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    Therefore can I conclude that you now have both?

If so why have you not listened to both and decided for yourself, that is the only way to decide rather than asking about other people's opinions which are just that, opinions.

My humble opinion is that your A75+ should still be capable of demonstrating whether the DV27 is going to be up to the job for CD playback compared to the CD72T, which way you decide is up to you.

6. Tharksha

Tharksha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I prefer cd192 for music than DV29. When I looked at the previous post many people prefered dv 29 for music. End of the day it is your preference.

7. jazzbone

jazzbone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Crustyloafer, in answer to your question, the dv27 is on its way so not had chance to hear it yet. I bought it secondhand off this forum only a few days ago. Just wondered what to expect soundwise and if it was much better than the cdp would the amp, which is a good match with the cdp, be up to its standards. Thanks

8. Brindek

Brindek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I auditioned the CD73 against the DV79 for CD playback and the CD73 won hands down so I bought it. A few months later I picked up a DV27 on ebay for a good price (As my DVD player gave up the ghost) and it is so close to the CD73 for audio that had the timings been different I wouldn't have bought the CD73.