Will CS4 run on Macbook Air

smallangryboy

My girlfriend, a digital photographer, currently uses a 20" iMac [studio] and 13" Macbook [home/on the move]

She is considering consolidating, so that she has one portable device and can keep track of everything! Previously she worked well with just the Macbook and an 24" monitor at her studio.

However now she has to cart her photography gear [and she is only tiny] she wants a portable solution.

I suggested a Macbook Air but wasn't certain this would run CS4? Anyone with an Air running CS4 have any advice on this?

trumps

It'll deffo struggle mate.

Photoshop needs a workhorse. If she is just using aperture on the air that'd work, but CS4 is a hungry demon!

Just to qualify that statement, the manager at my local Apple store (Glasgow) confirmed this - he recommended if you HAD to have CS on it that CS3 was about as much as it could handle.

smallangryboy

Do you multitask, or just have CS running? I ask as my GF tends to have email, FireFox and CS on the go simultaneously!

CamFire

Distinguished Member
Do you multitask, or just have CS running? I ask as my GF tends to have email, FireFox and CS on the go simultaneously!
These programs can all run simultaneously, but your C2D MacBook can use a further 1GB by swapping a 1GB stick for a 2GB one. This cost about £20.

grantsteve

Yeah, all those plus iTunes streaming to remote speakers normally.

Admittedly if you run a complex filter or live trace across a massive image then it takes a few minutes to compute, but I normally have very few problems or long waits.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom