Will CRT16:9's play XBOX 360 games in full screen?

K

kingmike74

Just bought this tv for my sons b-day (Toshiba 30HF85 30") and he is getting an XBOX 360. The television is HD ready and 16:9 like I wanted but my neighbor said that you have to have an LCD to display full screen and that my crt HDTV will have to ugly grey bars on the side becasue it will not do full screen.

Please tell me he is wrong. I do not like LCD's color compared to the CRT's. I will take 1080i over a 720 P any 'ol day, but it has to display a full screen.

Mr Quint

Distinguished Member
kingmike74 said:
Just bought this tv for my sons b-day (Toshiba 30HF85 30") and he is getting an XBOX 360. The television is HD ready and 16:9 like I wanted but my neighbor said that you have to have an LCD to display full screen and that my crt HDTV will have to ugly grey bars on the side becasue it will not do full screen.

Please tell me he is wrong. I do not like LCD's color compared to the CRT's. I will take 1080i over a 720 P any 'ol day, but it has to display a full screen.
Any 16.9 tv will display your 360 full screen, as long as you have the tv set to Wide or Auto ( upto you really ) the TVshould pick up the signal from the 360 and fill the screen, just make sure the 360 is set to widescreen in the system blade.

Me feels that your friend is wanting you to get an LCD just because he has splashed out on one. keep your money and enjoy the set you own. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom