• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Will B&W 601s match a Pioneer Amp?

penguinpaul

Hey,
Just got myself some Soundstyle Z2 stands from a local hifi shop in liquidation for £35, so now I have an excuse to get some new speakers :D
At the moment I have some Mordaunt Short MS25i Pearl Edition floor standers, but aside from being old and ugly, the sound with my Pioneer VSX-515 is quite lifeless. Even my old Gale Gold Monitors sound better on this amp...
This has got my wondering - is my Pioneer amp a naturally warm sounding receiver..?

In terms of a new pair of speakers, I've been looking at B&W DM601-S2s on the bay of e...
Are these warm or bright sounding speakers?
If they aren't bright, is there a decent alternative to them which would match nicely with my Pioneer amp. I was looking at the Mission MX1 which richer sounds have for £150 new, but I figured that I'd be better spending that money on something 2nd hand, like the 601s.

Finally, I'm after a pair which I'd be able to eventually get matching surrounds and centre speaker for... And Bowers and Wilkins seem to offer lots of contenders for those...

Any advice towards some speakers would be awesome - I'm looking to buy within the next 3 weeks realistically.
Thanks,
Paul :D

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom