1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Argos exchange my HiFi rack without a receipt?

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by Hallsy, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Hallsy

Hallsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but wasn't sure where to post it and seeing as it is regarding AV furniture I thought it would be OK here!
    Anyway, just after christmas I bought a cheap HiFi rack from Argos to put my receiver and DVD on for the time being, unfortunately the dimensions stated in the catalogue were external and not internal, and with the big supporting legs my receiver wouldn't fit in!!
    Anyway, it has since been noted (see eek. cheap stand thread) that Argois have reduced a proper (well not atacama or anything, but fit for pupose) 4 shelf AV rack reduced to £49.99.
    IExcellent I thought, I'll exchange the stand I bought against this one, trouble is I can't find the receipt!! :(
    I have looked on website, tried ringing, but no luck. T&C's mention receipts being needed, but the item is clearly from argos, it has the cat no. and argos order number, etc printed on the box - obviously made for Argos only.
    I don't want to lug it down there to find that they won't exchnage it so wondered if anyone had any previous experiences of similar problems?

2. Hallsy

Hallsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Well. just went down there anyway thi smorning, and low and behold.....they exchanged with no quibbles!!

3. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,399
    If I had noticed your post earlier I would have said yes definately. They are usually very good for exchangeing stuff without receipt, and sometimes even refunds. Electricle equiptment too.

tris