1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will any 1 be buying the xbox 360 from the USA ?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by jamieuk23, Jul 5, 2005.

1. jamieuk23

jamieuk23
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Just wonderd if you would be buying your xbox 360 from the USA ??. can you see any problems with owning a ntsc 360 using it in the UK. apart from obvious the games compatability problem.

+ any were I can preorder it now ??? + any more info you think might of of interest to me. ?

thanks jay

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,495
    It will depend on these factors:-

Price in US (more to the point price charged by companies that are willing to ship to the UK)
    Release date in US and UK

Usually people go for an import console if they can't wait the 6 or 12 months it takes to come out in the UK. In this case it would seem that it's going to be a simultaneous release so there's less incentive to get the US version anyway. Assuming it's priced aggressively in the UK I doubt it will work out that much cheaper to import, especially considering import prices at launch (and this will be near Xmas so it's going to be in demand) are usually extortionate anyway.
    I'll wait and see what happens for now to be honest, preorder it at gamestation or somewhere in the UK, you can always cancel when the firm details are released if you change your mind.

Cheers
    Andy