1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will another make of poweramp change the sound of my A32?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Cameron, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Cameron

Cameron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there, I'm trying to plan my next upgrade. I want to increase both the sound of my home cinema and my music.

I have a yammy 630 for av and an arcam A32 for stereo (Quad 12L speakers).

I had a look at the AVR300 which is ok but it wouldn't upgrade my music at all so now I'm thinking of getting a poweramp first.

Would a poweramp from another brand change the sound of my A32 that much? I was thinking of a second hand parasound poweramp (or something similar) so that I could bi-amp my front 2 or 3.

thanks for your time.

CaM

2. Cameron

Cameron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just to add to this I'm thinking of getting the A52 as my first poweramp. :)

CaM

3. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    If you like the Arcam sound why dont you go for the Arcam AV8 / P7 combo. Going for quite good prices now (seen it for £4,400 brand new)

4. Cameron

Cameron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there, I guess it's kinda related to the price. I can get Halo products a lot cheaper because I can get them in smaller peices i.e. an A23/A52 to start with and latter the C2 which I feel is more flexiable than the Arcam offering.

I would love to get a P7 first up but the cost is quite high compared to an A52. I also have no problems about having a different type of amp per room. And lastly, I'm using my HTPC more and more so my DV88+p is gathering dust ;)

CaM