• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Will an LCD TV be ok in a conservatory?

Norman

I want another screen for my newly built conservatory mainly for SD viewing and Wii gaming.
Ideally I would like a Panasonic TH-37PX80 plasma but I have concerns about plasma technology in what may be a warm room and wonder if LCD may be a better option.

My question is, does anyone reading use a LCD in their conservatory and will it be okay with the potential heat in the conservatory? My conservatory is east facing so it only gets the sun on it in the morning. It doesn’t get oven hot (like some I know) but even this early in the year it can still get warm.

Any comments would be appreciated

KoolVin

I've been using a small 15" Samsung LCD in my conservatory for about 4 years now with no problems at all.

My conservatory is south-west facing so gets very hot during the summer. The thermostat in there recorded a max temperature of 53C last year whilst I was on holiday, so all the windows and doors were closed for days on end.

No idea how a plasma would fair, I've got a Pioneer plasma in the lounge; no intentions on moving it though :)

Kev

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom