Question Will Active Bookshelf Speakers be sufficient for 125” Screen

gooner26

Hi basically what the title says. I am coming towards the end of having my Summer House converted and my plan is to maybe add a 125” scope screen, I’m not going to go for the full surround set up option just a 2.0 set up.

The speakers in question are Meridian DSP3200’s but how will they match up with a screen of that size? I’m hoping it will sound and look ok without sounding to weak compared to the picture.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Regards
Danny

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
2.0 or 2.1 can work very well for Movies and TV along with Music - assuming the selected Speaker/Amp combination is suitable for your room and the room layout, with a large projection screen you will have to factor in where the speakers will sit relative to the screen tp avoid one or other compromising the other.

Do you have any drawings of the planned layout.

Joe

gooner26

Hi Joe.

I do not have any drawings , I have dimensions though.

L16.4ft. W15.4ft H7ft

I have already measured what the width and height of my screen will be and taking into account where the positioning of the Speakers will be in regards to the screen and it will all fit in fine (speakers not in the way of screen etc).

I will be sitting around 7-8 ft from speakers and around 10-11ft from the screen.

My main concern is the scale of the sound, will it be ok with a screen of that size. The speakers are fine for the room size , it’s just the scale of the picture married with the smallish speakers I am worried about.

Not sure if your familiar with the Meridian 218 Streamer? I’ll be using the digital inputs on that for Blu Ray player, so just a simple no frills 2.0 set up.

Best
Danny

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The scale ought to be fine - where you may find the system lacking is in the bass area.

Joe

gooner26

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

I can always try out the matching DSW Subwoofer to see if it fits in well.

Best
Danny

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom