Will a US Wii work in the UK?

Fat Tony

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find a Wii in stovk over here, but I'm going to NY next week.

If I can find one over there - are there any compatability issues with bringing it over to the UK (power supply issues aside)?

Thanks

I guess you could have an issue with the TV you plug it into because if it doesnt support NTSC then you will get a black and white picture/no picture.

Saying that I think most recent TVs (going back 5 or so years) should be fine, but might be worth checking up beforehand!

Thanks, for the quick reply Indy. I completely forgot about TV compatability! Luckily I should be fine with that.

Do you know if UK bought games would work on it?

Also wondering if Nintendo offer a worldwide warranty?

Apart from the tv signal being NTSC rather than PAL, the voltage is different and UK games won't run on it.

:oops:

Thanks - that kills that idea then!

Not so.

US games usually come out before European ones.
We don't know when Trauma Centre will be released Europe but I've had it on my NTSC Wii since day 0.

They are also cheaper than Uk games.

a27

Thank you :clap:

Now that you mention it, I am in NY every once a month, or so, so I guess I could buy/order all the games over there.

Do you know what sort of warranty do you get? Will it be covered over here?

Also, do you know if this is freely available over there or hit & miss like it is here in terms of being in the right store at delivery time.

Do you know what sort of warranty do you get? Will it be covered over here?

Also, do you know if this is freely available over there or hit & miss like it is here in terms of being in the right store at delivery time.

I don't know about the warranty and I think it's just as difficult to find one over there.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom