Will a US Version of MGO work on a PAL PS3?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by MightyMartin, May 27, 2008.

1. MightyMartin

MightyMartin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi guys, I did a search on this and couldn't really find a definitive answer.

I'll be in the US when MGS4 comes out and I'm pretty tempted to buy their limited edition, but what I'd like to know is if MGO will work when I bring it back over here? Or is the online play region locked? I'm sure the singe player will work, but it's the multiplayer I'm concerned about and I can't really find out anything about this on the net. Anyone got any answers? Thanks in advance!

2. Zeromajor

Zeromajor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +594
    No-one knows yet.

Basically during the MGO beta the servers were locked to the region that you signed up in. Because the american beta needed a keycode to join and the european one was open to anyone, we had load of americans signing up for european konami i.d's so it didn't really work out the way konami intended.

I reckon the discs will be the same but the artwork different for every region - either psn or your konami i.d will determine which region you are from and connect you to the appropriate servers.

With the full retail game I expect everyone will either have to sign up for a konami i.d or use their previous one from the beta. It's a impractical process which I think konami should scrap altogether if they want to have a large mgo community - I can't see many casual gamers bothering to jump through hoops to get online with a game that judging by the beta let's face it - is a bit like marmite.

3. MightyMartin

MightyMartin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hopefully you're right about all the discs being the same MajorZero. I think I will try and get the US Limited Edition (frankly I feel it's a better deal than the one over here) and I'll just hope it works!