will a Sky Q LNB work with a Signal Splitter.

Pebbleridge

Hi Guys,
I was trying to cancel Sky Q about 18 months ago, but they offered a really cheap deal that I couldn't refuse, but we are back again with the threat of higher prices and I am determined to swap to an Arris Freesat box.
For a few weeks I would like to use both boxes at the same time and I wondered if I could use a couple of these to get the Sky Q and Arris boxes to work off the same LNB?

splitter.jpg

logiciel

Q uses a different LNB so no.

Pebbleridge

That is incorrect, Sky Q and the Arris Freesat box use the same wideband LNB. Normal Wideband LNBs (unicable) do allow the signal to be split but I do not know with the sky variant.
Thanks for the info.
I've looked at the specs for a Unicable LNB UNICABLE and a wideband Sky Q LNB Sky Q and they look the same to me.
They both have 1 Vertical and 1 Horizontal output covering all satellite signals (10.7 – 12.75GHz) and both have an intermediate frequency of 290 – 2340MHz
So I think I'll give it a try, when I find a reasonably priced Arris box.

JonMace

Thanks for the info.
I've looked at the specs for a Unicable LNB UNICABLE and a wideband Sky Q LNB Sky Q and they look the same to me.
They both have 1 Vertical and 1 Horizontal output covering all satellite signals (10.7 – 12.75GHz) and both have an intermediate frequency of 290 – 2340MHz
So I think I'll give it a try, when I find a reasonably priced Arris box.

They are not the same, a standard European Sat Receiver will work on either a Universal or a Unicable LNB but not a Sky Q LNB.

If you have not brought the Arris yet there are other options

Pebbleridge

That's a shame, It was looking promising for a while.
I've not bought an Arris yet, what options are you thinking of, a different receiver or a different LNB.
TBH this a problem that I could eliminate easily, just don't buy the Arris until the Sky Q has gone!

logiciel

There are two Arris machines, one that records the other that doesn't.

JonMace

What is your wish list for the receiver, how many tuners, do you want it in move than one room, do you want to be able to access it from outside the home etc?

Pebbleridge

We don't need anything dead fancy.
Record two or three programmes at the same time.
1 or 2 Tb of storage
Good range of catch-up
Good user interface
That's probably it.

JonMace

If you are looking for the catchup services to be on the box, stick to the Arris or something else off the shelf

logiciel

Th​

We don't need anything dead fancy.
1 or 2 Tb of storage
Good range of catch-up
Good user interface
That's probably it.
There is one Arris machine with choice of 500g 1tB and 2tB mmory

logiciel

1 or 2 Tb of storage
There is one Arris machine with choice of 500g 1tB and 2tB memory

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom